Monday 23 April 2012

Crafty update

Time has this fascinating habit of slipping by doesn't it?  There have been no blog posts for the last couple of weeks as I was entertaining children (Easter holidays) and visiting family, and last Monday was a school inset day and then suddenly I was busy with lots of catch-up things.

I've been a bit unfocused of late so it's time to narrow my eyes and get on with things.  This weekend saw me playing with my huge stash of bits and bobs to see what I could come up with and I decided that Saturday night was asymmetrical earrings night.  This is not a new idea, just Google asymmetrical earrings and you'll find lots of examples, but it's something I fancied having a go at.  Because this was a new thing to try it took a little time to get the balance of colours and the aesthetic right, but I'm actually quite pleased with what I came up with.  Next job is to get some better pictures and then get them listed in my Etsy shop, Blackwillow Boho.  Here's a sneak peek:




All three are a mixture of contemporary and vintage elements and different bead types including some fresh-water pearls and little semi-precious stone beads.

Somewhere in my stash of findings is a bag of sterling silver ear-wires but can I find them?  It is most annoying that I cannot but I figure than in the meantime I'll get some silver coloured pairs made up and then attach them to the ear-wires once I've been through every box, drawer, bag and corner of the house and located them.

And once my son goes to school soon I shall settle down with a cup of tea and go and see what all of the other crafty folk have been doing on the Handmade Monday blog.  You should go and check it out too, there's lots of talented folk around!

13 comments:

  1. Love the earrings in the top picture. Just my style and colours that I like. Hugs Mrs A.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely and I can see them apealing to one of my daughters who can't see the point in things matching each other (and she does love pretty earrings!). I'll have to send her your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are fab! my inner hippie is very attracted to this idea :) and the beads you've used are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings! Hope the the findings turn up - I do that too - especially if I have a tidying up/organising session then I can never find anything again! Michx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I like the quirky idea of them matching but not matching - if you get my drift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so pretty as are the designs, well done and sure they will sell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely earrings and I like the 'difference' of having the style you are making. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The earrings are wonderful. I have just read an article about how long earrings are good for making you look more youthful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love dangly earrings. Those designs remind me of the seventies! Of course that was my era. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely danglies, the second ones are my favourites, I love the colours.
    I tend to put things 'in a safe place', the problem is.... I can never remember where that is :o)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes - the dreaded "safe place" - I'm pretty organised and have all of my making things in the under-stairs cupboard, I just can't find the blasted ear-wires. Obviously, once I buy some more they'll turn up...

    ReplyDelete
  12. These earrings are beautiful. I love the colours and shapes. If my hair wasn't so short, I'd be bagging myself a pair :) Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. But don't you think that short hair would show off your good taste? :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......