Monday 26 March 2012

Setting The Handmade Table

A couple of weeks ago I attended a craft fair at my daughter's school, the express purpose being trying out some ideas for show-casing and displaying my items.  I kind of got the look I was aiming for, a bit shabby chic, a bit bohemian in style and although there's room for tweaking I was pleased with how it all looked.

Most of the display items were things I have at home anyway, like the cage, the platters and dishes and the head is the one I currently use to photograph my headdresses.  I had shabby chic'ed the frames a little while ago and they've been really useful too, either as display items at events or as props when I'm photographing.

  

The doilies were a quick addition as I wanted a way to show of the bracelets that made them easy to handle - they're all different and very tactile, and the cage is something that I've had in my bedroom for years.  Once it was stuffed with a scarf it was a good way to show off some of my vintage necklaces.


I've a long way to go before I'm entirely happy with everything when it's set up like this, but I'm getting there.  And now on this gloriously sunny day I'm going to hand you over to everyone at Handmade Monday.  Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. your stall looks lovely - very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have not told us how the fair went. lol. Your stall looked lovely, I would say you def. achieved that chabby chic look. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the doilies, I use my Mum's old crocheted and tatted doilies and embroidered tablecloths to try and get much the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stall looks great - very different (in a good way) to others I have seen.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with the window dressing and amazing what you can use form the cupboards at home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stall looks really good - it is hard work getting it just so, isn't it? Nice to be able to use things you already have. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    I did forget to say how the craft fair went - well, I didn't come away rich but I sold a few items. It was a very small event, just for an hour and a half at school, but as I say it was a good chance to flex my table dressing muscles. When I vend at my belly dance event I barely have time to get things out onto a table before I have to attend to everything else and I don't get to vend at other belly dance events as much as I used to due to childcare issues so it was great to take a little more time and care. I might even be brave enough to venture out into a bigger craft fair one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you used things you already had, the doileys are a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the half body mannequin thingimibob! Nice display. Glad you sold something - I'm still undecided about craft fairs, but am giving one a go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stall looks great. I've not done any fairs yet but I can't wait to practise setting my table up. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stall looks good. You have some really good ideas for displaying. I like the doilies for bracelets. Glad it went well. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks fantastic :) so colourful, inspiring and oryginal

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......