Friday 18 February 2011

Mundane Matters

Yesterday saw me putting together a set of bunk beds for the children.  Theirs is a small room, so I chose a small set of wooden bunk beds and have to say I'm glad I did because now they're up they fit perfectly and they make the room look huge!

It's something of a task to put them together by yourself, but it was so worth it to see the look on my daughter's face when she got home from school.  My hands are still feeling sore but no matter, they're up and done.

School half-term next week means that precious little will get done in any other area of my life.  There are lots of plans for the children to meet with friends, but I have the feeling my daughter will just want people to visit so that they can play in her room :)

Whilst my two-and-a-half year old son was having a tantrum in the street I got a call today inviting me to attend the training for the voluntary role of a Making Life Better coach (oh the irony!)  However, this training clashes with another voluntary role I'm interested in and so I have decided to go with my first commitment.  Some of the reasons for this were outlined in a previous post, but I was pleased to have been offered the role as the interview was quite rigorous.

Tonight I think I may have to catch up with the most mundane matter of all - housework.  I think it was Phyllis Diller who said, "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the path (walk) before it stops snowing."  I agree but am drawn to have a big clear up every now and again - it makes me feel better even if it only lasts moments.

Sad but true today I treated myself to a new mop.  Oh the glamour.  So if I'm a good girl this evening I will be vacuuming and mopping so that when the children get up in the morning they can completely cover a really clean floor in stuff and nonsense.  And maybe tomorrow night I can add my own stuff and nonsense with bits of feather fluff and many of the other bits I pieces I leave behind after an evening of creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......